Commercial/Industrial Boiler, Ship, & Locomotive Repair
Over 80 Years of Experience
At Purvis & Foster, Inc., we are proud to have over 80 years of experience servicing Michigan and the surrounding states. Since 1932, we have been the preferred commercial and industrial boiler repair and installation choice for:
- Commercial/Industrial Buildings
In addition to boiler work, Purvis & Foster, Inc. also provides ship repairs at the dock, on the run, or from a barge. Visit the Ship Repair page to see some of the repairs and modifications we have made.
Purvis & Foster, Inc. has many years of experience with locomotive repair. Click on the Locomotive Repair page to see examples of the repairs we have made.
Our experienced technicians provide reliable, high-quality repairs that will last for years.
Commitments to Quality and Customer Service
At Purvis & Foster, Inc., all of our projects are completed to industry standards, ensuring customer satisfaction on all repairs and installations.
A Wide Range of Services
Our extensive knowledge and experience allow us to repair and install all makes and models of boilers in accordance with ASME, National Board, and State of Michigan Boiler Division.
Our ASME, ABS, USCG certified welders provide a wide array of ship repairs. We have a strategic partnership with Nicholson Terminal and Dock with locations in Ecorse and Detroit for repairs at a dock.Put our 80+ years of experience to work for you.
- Boiler installations – all makes
- Boiler repairs – all makes
- Breeching and stack – repairs/replacements
- Burner installation and repair
- Burner tune-ups
- CSD-1 testing
- Combustion efficiency testing
- Pumps and motors – repairs/replacements
- Pressure vessel repairs/replacements
- Condensate, expansion, and storage tank repairs/replacements
- D.A. tank inspections/repairs
- Blowdown separators and tanks
- Heat exchanger and coil repairs/replacements
- Ship repairs- ABS/USCG welders at the dock or on the run
- Locomotive repairs
- Miscellaneous welding
- Women's Business Enterprise (WBE), Certified by WBENC as a woman owned, operated, and controlled business.
- Accredited ASME Quality Control Shop
- ASME "S" Stamp Accreditation
- ASME "U" Stamp Accreditation
- National Board "NB" Stamp Accreditation
- National Board "R" Stamp Accreditation
- State of Michigan Class IV Repairer's License
- State of Michigan Class 5B Boiler Installer's License
- State of Michigan Unlimited Mechanical Contractor License
- State of Ohio Boiler Installation and Repair License
- Welders Certification with American Bureau of Shipping and U.S. Coast Guard
In Business Since 1932